ATAVISMA (Fra) Tape out now! Death doom

ATAVISMA (Fra) Where wolves once dwelled. Demo tape out now!

The first demo of french band ATAVISMA is now available on tape.
4 tracks of old Death doom, influenced by Funebrarum, Incantation, Entombed…

Listen:
http://nihilisticholocaustrecs.bandcamp.com

Released as a black tape with sticker,
and pro printed cover.

Available against 2,5 Euros + postage (No paypal fee):
http://nihilisticdistro.tictail.com/products/nihilistic-holocaust-releases

More infos: http://nihilistic.voila.net/Label/moreinfos/moreinfos_atavisma.htm

gabsk(a)wanadoo.fr
http://nihilistic.voila.net

Salut,

Les deux premières chroniques de la tape d’ATAVISMA sont apparues, elles se trouvent à la fin de ce message!

35 promos physiques ont été envoyées, ou sont sur le point de l’être, et d’autres suivront… Donc pas mal de chroniques seront publiées!
A une époque ou les labels n’envoient générallement que des promos digitals en mp3s, et continuent d’innonder les chroniqueurs avec plus de liens chaque jour, je crois que c’est important de distribuer quelque chose de physique qui ne se retrouve pas instantanément perdu dans un océan de données virtuelles ou d’arguments marketing déconnectés de la réalité.

Les échanges sont possibles, donc cotnactez moi si ça vous intéresse…
gabsk(a)wanadoo.fr

Bye
G

METAL GALLOWS Blog
If you are a little like me in that the emergence of UK super group Vallenfyre excites you on many levels then get set for more thrills in the form of French band Atavisma and their debut demo “Where Wolves Once Dwelled”, a four track, twenty minute ode to perverse blackness, sickening menace and slowed down death metal sinisterness! Opening with the harrowing cry of "I am the Infadel!, Atavisma seem to take you back to a millenium gone by when swords clashed and blood was spilled in the sun drenched lands of the distant brown skinned foe who “God” deemed it necessary to purge from their land in blood and violence, a message portrayed through his man appointed mouth piece (The Pope) and whose words spread like wild fire and bathed the middle east in gore and pain! Atavisma take you there superbly with such engrossing lyrics as “You call yourself civilized, but you want us neutralized, Let the ancient spirit flow to you, and understand our point of view” and all shrouded with slow, down tuned reverb fueled riffs, dark pummeling melodies and the constant aura of death, darkness and mournful eras past!
Atavisma may not have the big budget production of Vallenfyre but in terms of heart, passion and a devastating sound they are definitely on the same wave-length and while VF we’re created to unleash emotions regarding a family bereavement, Atavisma appear to have been formed to speak out against and strike a hammer blow to the cruelty of man kind and condemn the outrages that have been undertaken in the name of God and religion against fellow man and against nature (See tracks such as "Nature’s Warfare). So let saracen swords swing powerfully in your minds eye as Atavisma’s crushing musical display and thought provoking lyrical messages wash over you and rejoice in the birth of an epic new band, one who put as much strength and energy into their song writing, displaying superb melodies, dense and bleak soundscapes and thundering riffs, as they do their meaningful lyrical output! 85%. Luke Hayhurst

ZWAREMETALEN Webzine (Hol)
Goed nieuws, het debuut van het Franse Atavisma is sinds kort te verkrijgen op tape! Aangezien atavisme in zijn neo-heidense context verwijst naar een terugkeer naar de primitiviteit en het omarmen van onze dierlijke eigenschappen, is een release op tape meer dan toepasselijk. Het is een beetje zonde dat Where Wolves Once Dwelled geplaagd gaat onder een redelijk primitieve productie, maar dat zal dan wel toepasselijk zijn.
Deze Fransen spelen zware, donkere death-/doommetal, met trage riffs, diepe grunts en een dreigende sfeer. Opener The Savage One is veruit het beste nummer, met een loodzware eerste minuut en doommetal met een beetje peper in de poep. De rest van deze demo is poep zonder peper, trage, lichtjes krakende doommetal met eentonige vocalen en weinig verrassingen. De solo’s op Where Wolves Once Dwelled doen nochtans vermoeden dat hier een vaardige gitarist met potentieel aan het werk is. De drummer is dan weer grotendeels onzichtbaar. Een plaatje dat het een en ander belooft, maar voor een verbetering zullen deze heren toch een deel van hun primitiviteit aan de kant moeten schuiven. Ze proberen het wel met de kort-maar-krachtige afsluiter Nature’s Warfare, maar die bevestigt vooral dat er hier meer mogelijk is.

Salut,

La distribution de la tape se passe bien, on approche des 150 exemplaires.
Il y en a un peu partout dans le monde: Usa, Brésil, Mexique, Chili, Australie, Thailande, Allemagne, Italie, Uk, Pays Bas, Turquie… Sans passer par un distributeur officiel, c’est de la prospection et des échanges “A l’ancienne”.

Sinon trois bonnes nouvelles chroniques ont été publiées, et d’autres suivront…

Bye
Gabriel

BRUTALISM Webzine (Hol)
Originally a digital release but also released on tape by Nihilistic Holocaust, this is heavy as hell French death/doom, more so of the style of Asphyx. The production is extremely dirty and rather inviting, although you may find some difficulties picking out all of the vocal sounds due to the more often than not muddy production. But bleakness is the key here.
Once you play with your equalizer settings, you will hear much to get excited about. Ok, a lot of bands do this style; a lot of bands of a much bigger stature get credit for this style. When you think that there are bands like this around, then you really appreciate what this band can do and how they should be spoke about in line with larger outfits. ‘The Savage One’ sounds like and delivers its message with an often harrowing vocal wail, a down dirty but almost torturous delivery feeds your senses and makes the track sound a lot more expansive than perhaps it is. The pattern is similar for the remainder of the EP and the full range of the recording quality is captured very nicely. The short acoustic section of the title track even produces a sinister feeling, before being annihilated when the guitars and distortion kicks in. If you were to take the Swedeath guitar tone, cross swords with bands like Disma for the filthy guitar sound, the aforementioned Asphyx and to some extent the bleak horror of Triptykon for the speed of the release, then you have a perfect match. It is certainly not pretty, but it is certainly entertaining.
This is the best form of doom death, bare bone crushing heaviness at its near best. I look forward to more material by this bunch of rotten souls. Paul Maddison. 4/5

CONTAMINATED TONES Blog (Usa)
Dirtier than a crusty herpes covered pair of shit smeared lips wrapped around a dusty dildo, Where Wolves Once Dwelled, Atavisma’s debut demo, will appeal to death metal die-hards that just can’t find enough pleasure in the sounds of gurgling vocals and guitars as thick as quicksand. As if there wasn’t enough unholy death metal demo tapes out there to pick up, add this to the list and luckily, this one is easily available and ready to be sucked dry. The trio, based in France (as is label Nihilistic Holocaust) get a lot of noise from the lack of numbers but they also capture more discerning ears when they incorporate disgusting lead melodies into their brand of sewage. In many ways, this reminds me of Mandatory’s Where They Bleed with the super swampy guitar tones and powerful riffing. Still, an adept attention to songwriting is at play and should live up to the scrutiny of fans. With bands like Horrendous getting a ton of attention with their recent releases, the primordial ooze is bubbling here with the possibilities of a similar - though hopefully less polished - trajectory.
Where Wolves Once Dwelled opens with the boiling “The Savage One,” slowly pummeling and writhing along. Vocalist - unnamed on the insert as are the other two members - is capable of some excellent guttural vocals and uses the talent all across this demo. They are perfect when paired with the ugliness of the material here. The remind of Undergang, Timeghoul or Iniquity on Serenadium. Atavisma’s love of Swedish death metal is shown in “Forsaken” and “Nature’s Warfare,” the shorter of the four tracks. Grave and Entombed - to no one’s surprise - are present in many riffs without being pure rip-offs. The title track is the highlight for me, opening it’s length with some clean yet sinister guitar plucking before launching into a twisting doom tinted riff. The song is the ugliest, but also most complex with an extended instrumental section where once again clean guitars mimic the intro but are accompanied by tense drumming to create a dense malevolent mist.
This longer track would have been a better opening track for Where Wolves Once Dwelled but the fact it exists here is enough to give me some dirty and ugly thoughts. Even the usage of ‘dwelled’ instead of the proper ‘dwelt’ gives just that additional personality which I enjoy, even if it would make an English teacher tear at their eye sockets. As usual with Nihilistic Holocaust’s releases, the tape labels are a little skimpy, and not a lot of material is present on the insert which is a little of a bummer but with my only musical gripe being how set back the percussion is in the mix, this is one of those pleasurable items that ends up in my collection and one I would recommend to others interest in quality death metal demos.

METAL TEMPLE Webzine (Gre)
Demos, Demos, it is really hard to find good Demos nowadays, but these trio from France called ATAVISMA which by the way got together in 2013 and thank God for that!! have given us a fucking good Demo released in cassette, I love cassettes it is so pure fucking Metal.
France have given us some awesome bands and they keep on doing it, SORTILEGE, AGRESSOR, KILLERS, SATANS JOKKERS, ADX, NIGHTMARE… and now ATAVISMA in your face with pure Death Doom Metal and rotting away that flesh that one has forgotten… The cassette start rolling with “The savage One” pure ASPHYX , heavy, dirt and full of hate, I can smell the stench of Death filling the air, the guitars are heavy with that Swedish sounding and the bass lines a heavy as fuck!! Heavy and dirty drumming, it has that dark vibe all over, I can feel all the goosebumps forming over my body.
There is no salvation for you my friend, I am the “Forsaken” and I will get you, Death and Doom have now joined forces and the result is ATAVISMA, old school style straight to the point, everything is thick as blood, the guitars, vocals, bass and drums, shit all over your face and if you don’t like I don’t care, this is great music, and it is only a Demo, I wonder what next is coming from these awesome trio.
“Where The Wolves Once Dwelled” I do not really know, what I know is that France has given us this fucking awesome band, mean to the core, they have an unique sound and I truly hope they do not change anything for the next album, it sounds great, slow pace like a funeral song and fast beats like pure old school Death Metal, a masterpiece indeed like MENTAL FUNERAL by AUTOPSY.
“Nature’s Warfare” bring the drapes down with style, killer vocals, harsh and deep tearing your flesh away, great riffs very catching, amazing, everything works well with precision. As production goes, fucking excellent, more please, art cover is very good too, please give me more!!!

Salut,

Les chroniques de la tape d’ATAVISMA continuent d’apparaitre!

Ne sois pas le dernier à te procurer un exemplaire.

Gabriel

METAL REVOLUTION Webzine (Hol)
Despite only being a demo, Atavisma’s Where the Wolves Once Dwelled still managed to impress me, quite a bit even. The labels own introduction of the band compared them to Death Metal legends such as Entombed, Funebrarum and their ilk, which I did not give much notice, since many bands claim such influences without it being audible in their own sound. In the case of Atavisma, however, I heard it as plain as day and would even go so far as to make a slight comparison to Obituary as well.
The music is immensely heavy (Doom-like heavy), slow and efficient, without becoming depressive or anything else other than a genuine onslaught on the ears. The incredibly low-pitched growl delivered by the lead singer helps bind everything together in a nice, little bundle of old-school Death Metal yet still managing to create their own distinct sound, exactly the way it should be. Where the Wolves Once Dwelled impressed me greatly and I cannot wait to get my hands on a full-length album as opposed to a four-track demo such as this. Brian. 90/100

ROCK VAULT Webzine (Turkey)
Uzun zamand?r topluluklardan mektup alm?yorduk. Fransa’dan gelen (Nihilistic Holocaust) zarf?n içinden ne ç?kaca??n? tahmin etmekte zorland?k. ?çini açt???m?zda Atavisma’ya ait oldu?unu görünce merak edip CD’yi çal?c?m?za takt?k. CD diyorum, bu bir demo ve bu sene ba??nda dijital olarak yay?nland?. Zaten toplulu?un ba?ka herhangi bir alnümü yok ve geçmi?leri geçen seneye dayan?yor. Elemanlar hakk?nda ayr?nt?l? bilgi bulunmasa da nadir bulunan grup foto?raflar?nda 3 ki?i olduklar? görülüyor. “Where Wolves Once Dwelled” demosunun tarz? death/doom metal ve yakla??k 20 dk. süren eser bu tarzda müzik dinleyenlerin ilgisini çekebilir. Bunu laf olsun diye söylemiyorum, ister bu tarz?n kurdu olun, ister olmay?n; Atavisma daha ilk demosuyla kendi atmoslerini yaratm?? diyebiliriz. Çal??t?klar? firma Nihilistic Holocaust’a göre bu albümde Funebrarum, Incantation ve Entombed’dan etkilenilmi?likleri fark edeceksiniz. Biraz daha ara?t?rd???m?zda Atavisma’y? Engulfed, Burial Invocation gibi ekiplerimize benzetenler de var görünüyor.
Tüm bunlar?n haricinde Amerikan topluluk Disma’yla çok benzerliklerini gördüm diyenler de yok de?il. Dinleyicilerin bu grubu kimlere benzettikleri bir yana dursun (dürüst söyleyeyim; üstteki hiç bir gruba benzemiyor), Atavisma’n?n “do?a, insano?lu ve atavizm” ile ilgilendi?ini belirtelim. Daha da ileri gidelim, belki “atavizm” nedir bilmeyenler olabilir (ki ekibin ad?yla bile alakal?), atavizm; “Organizmalarda evrimsel geli?im süresince ortadan kalkan baz? özelliklerin tekrar görülmesi, soya çekim, atac?l?k” demek. Örnek vermek gerekirse; bir canl?da, ku?aklar boyunca kaybolmu? özelliklerin ortaya ç?kmas?. Maymun gibi kuyruklu bir insan do?arsa bu atavizm oluyor. Bunlar liriksel olarak bilmemiz gerekenlerdi. Müzik olarak bilmemiz gerekenler; vokalistin yapt??? i? bu demoda ba?ar?l?, seçtikleri ana rif ve melodiler ile parçalar yürüyor, bateri noktas?nda topluluk yeterince h?zl? tempolu de?il; “de?ilse de?ildir” diyeceksiniz lakin yeri geldi?inde atak bekliyorsunuz ama bulam?yorsunuz. Bu demonun dijitali de, kasedi de, CD’si de var. Kirli kay?t seven, yeralt?n? t?rmalayan, çal?nm?? olan tarz? seven eski kafa bir ar?ivciyseniz Nihilistic Holocaust ile ba?lant?ya geçmenizi öneririm. 3/5

BRUTAL CARNAGE Webzine (Rus)
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???, ? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ???. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? Atavisma ? ??? ??? “Where Wolves Once Dwelled”. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???, ??? ??? ??? ??? ???, ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ???, ??? ?? ??? ???, ??? ??? ??? 25 ??? ???. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? “oldschool death metal influenced by Incantation, Funebrarum, Entombed”. ??, ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? - ??? ??? ??? ? ??? 4 ??? ???, ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ???-??? ??? ??? ??? ??? 80-? / ??? 90-?, ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ???. ???, ??? ???, ??? ??? ??? ??? ???-??? “Where Wolves Once Dwelled” - ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???, ?? ?? ??? ???, ??? ??? ?? Incantation ? Funebrarum ? ??? ?? ???, ??? ??? “Where Wolves Once Dwelled” ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ???, ??? ??? ???-??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ???. ??? ???, ? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???, Atavisma ??? ???, ? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???. ?? ???-?? ?? ? ???, ??? ??? ? ??? ?? “Where Wolves Once Dwelled”. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? Desecresy - ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???-??? ???-???. ??? ??? ??? ???, ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? Mandatory, Slaughterday ??? ??? Entrails, ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???, ??? ? ??? !!! ? ??? ???, ??? ???, ??? ??? ??? Atavisma - ??? ???. ???, ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ???, ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ???.

In the mood for doom.

Hello,

We received a lot of reviews from Czech republic, Turkey, Poland (x2), Italy and Portugal.

No mp3 file can beat physical promos :slight_smile:

See you in the cavern,
Gabriel

FOBIA Webzine (Cze)
Tryzna, po?ádaná na památku klasického doom/death metalu se tentokrát po?ádala v Pa?íži. Tamní p?íznivci tohoto ploužícího se stylu, kte?í si ?íkají ATAVISMA, uspo?ádali ob?ad vskutku monstrózní. Vzali si sice na své první demonahrávce obrovské sousto, ale to se jim povedlo rozžvýkat a rozdrtit se ctí. Nahrávka sice trpí horším zvukem a n?které nápady se musí hledat pod drobnohledem, ale když si dáte tu práci, najednou p?ed vámi leží po?ádn? ohlodaná kostra. Francouzské podzemí bylo vždycky trošku jiné než ta ostatní, ale tentokrát se pohybujeme v t?žké klasice. B?hem poslechu jsem se nemohl po?ád zbavit dojmu, že se pánové snaží o n?co podobného, co dnes tvo?í jejich slavn?jší kolegové VALLENFYRE. To by zase tolik nevadilo, jen si nejsem schopen demo díky slévajícímu zvuku po?ádn? vychutnat, neustále m? to ruší a i když moje uši semelou kdejakou špinavost, tak tady mi to vadí. Dalšími vzory ATAVISMA jsou bezesporu ASPHYX, AUTOPSY, FUNEBRARUM, HOODED MENACE, INCANTATION a ENTOMBED.
Pokud se ale oprostím od špatné (v podstat? žádné) produkce a budu hodnotit jen nápady samotné, tak musím tyto francouzské nihilisty jen a jen chválit. Kytary v pozadí ch?estí skoro až ve švédském stylu, k tomu valí basa a murmur pana zp?váka také není k zahození. Skladby jsou dlouhé, studené, p?esn? jak se na daný styl sluší a pat?í. Nejsiln?jší, co se týká navozované atmosféry zmaru, jsou pak ATAVISMA ve chvílích, kdy zazní deptající vybrnkávání. To mám co d?lat, abych si nerval vlasy hr?zou a je spln?n jeden z mých základních požadavk? na dobrou muziku. ?eže to, jsem donucen nad songy p?emýšlet a jsem schopen se pln? soust?edit na veškeré utrpení, linoucí se z reproduktor?.
Obal hodnotit nebudu, i když vypadá dob?e. Jedná se p?eci jen o demo, o ochutnávku, která má dát o kapele v?d?t. Bývám
k podobným záležitostem pom?rn? odmítavý, kapely se v?tšinou projevují jen v náznacích a kolikrát pak na dlouhohrající desce p?edvedou zcela n?co jiného. U ATAVISMA mám ale neustálý, až „vtíravý“ pocit, že o téhle sme?ce ješt? po?ádn? uslyšíme. Všude po sv?t? totiž sbírá jen samá vysoká hodnocení a je vynášena na samotný vrchol oltá?e old school doom/death metalu. U m? tomu nebude samoz?ejm? jinak, protože podobné ozv?ny ze záhrobí mi d?lají jen a jen dob?e. Myslím, že ATAVISMA by m?li zapracovat hlavn? na tom, aby sehnali po?ádného producenta a label, který se o n? postará. Jinak skon?í v propadlišti d?jin nebo se budou zmítat jen v nejhlubším undergroundu a o jejich muzice se dozví jen pár doom/death metalových archeolog?.
Vždycky, když jsem m?l t?ch necelých dvacet minut poslechu za sebou, bylo mi n?jak divn? na duši. Jako správný tvr?ák jsem se bránil si p?ipustit, že je mi to líto, ale nakonec jsem se musel podívat pravd? do o?í. Tohle demo si, na rozdíl od stovky dalších, budu pamatovat. Moje pocity byly a jsou srovnatelné s t?mi, které mívají lidé po poh?bu, hned p?i p?íchodu na smute?ní hostinu. Všichni bývají pohrouženi do sebe, rozpa?it? se usmívají, ženy zadržují plá? a chlapi mají drsné ?e?i, aby zakryli to, co prožívají. Pak se vzpomíná. A práv? takovými malými prazážitky, útržky z poslední cesty, jsou pro m? ATAVISMA. Samoz?ejm?, všechna podobná muzika zde už byla nespo?etn?krát, jenže tady je podávána chutn?, s trošku jiným ko?ením a hlavn? s jakousi silou, kterou mám u smrtících kapel tolik rád. Death/doomová tryzna m?že za?ít.

ROCK VAULT Webzine (Turkey)
Uzun zamand?r topluluklardan mektup alm?yorduk. Fransa’dan gelen (Nihilistic Holocaust) zarf?n içinden ne ç?kaca??n? tahmin etmekte zorland?k. ?çini açt???m?zda Atavisma’ya ait oldu?unu görünce merak edip CD’yi çal?c?m?za takt?k. CD diyorum, bu bir demo ve bu sene ba??nda dijital olarak yay?nland?. Zaten toplulu?un ba?ka herhangi bir alnümü yok ve geçmi?leri geçen seneye dayan?yor. Elemanlar hakk?nda ayr?nt?l? bilgi bulunmasa da nadir bulunan grup foto?raflar?nda 3 ki?i olduklar? görülüyor. “Where Wolves Once Dwelled” demosunun tarz? death/doom metal ve yakla??k 20 dk. süren eser bu tarzda müzik dinleyenlerin ilgisini çekebilir. Bunu laf olsun diye söylemiyorum, ister bu tarz?n kurdu olun, ister olmay?n; Atavisma daha ilk demosuyla kendi atmoslerini yaratm?? diyebiliriz. Çal??t?klar? firma Nihilistic Holocaust’a göre bu albümde Funebrarum, Incantation ve Entombed’dan etkilenilmi?likleri fark edeceksiniz. Biraz daha ara?t?rd???m?zda Atavisma’y? Engulfed, Burial Invocation gibi ekiplerimize benzetenler de var görünüyor.
Tüm bunlar?n haricinde Amerikan topluluk Disma’yla çok benzerliklerini gördüm diyenler de yok de?il. Dinleyicilerin bu grubu kimlere benzettikleri bir yana dursun (dürüst söyleyeyim; üstteki hiç bir gruba benzemiyor), Atavisma’n?n “do?a, insano?lu ve atavizm” ile ilgilendi?ini belirtelim. Daha da ileri gidelim, belki “atavizm” nedir bilmeyenler olabilir (ki ekibin ad?yla bile alakal?), atavizm; “Organizmalarda evrimsel geli?im süresince ortadan kalkan baz? özelliklerin tekrar görülmesi, soya çekim, atac?l?k” demek. Örnek vermek gerekirse; bir canl?da, ku?aklar boyunca kaybolmu? özelliklerin ortaya ç?kmas?. Maymun gibi kuyruklu bir insan do?arsa bu atavizm oluyor. Bunlar liriksel olarak bilmemiz gerekenlerdi. Müzik olarak bilmemiz gerekenler; vokalistin yapt??? i? bu demoda ba?ar?l?, seçtikleri ana rif ve melodiler ile parçalar yürüyor, bateri noktas?nda topluluk yeterince h?zl? tempolu de?il; “de?ilse de?ildir” diyeceksiniz lakin yeri geldi?inde atak bekliyorsunuz ama bulam?yorsunuz. Bu demonun dijitali de, kasedi de, CD’si de var. Kirli kay?t seven, yeralt?n? t?rmalayan, çal?nm?? olan tarz? seven eski kafa bir ar?ivciyseniz Nihilistic Holocaust ile ba?lant?ya geçmenizi öneririm.

ATMOSPHERIC Webzine (Pol)
S? jeszcze na ca?ym ?wiecie maniacy kaset magnetofonowych. I to nie takich z wk?adkami full kolor na lakierowanym papierze, którym nawet sobie dupy nie mo?na podetrze?, bo porani rów, ale po prostu z old schoolowymi czarno-bia?ymi, klimatycznymi. We Francji takim komisarzem tape`ów jest Gabriel z Nihilistic Holocaust, stary freak, który zaczyna? przygod? w undergroundzie ok. 20 lat temu. W?a?nie w jego ma?ej, podziemnej wytwórni ukaza? si? tasiemiec „Where Wolves Once Dwelled Demo 2014” francuskiej kapeli ATAVISMA. Zderzenie z pierwszymi d?wi?kami mo?e by? wstrz?saj?ce dla kogo?, kto nie zna, nie pami?ta muzy z ubieg?ego wieku. Bowiem s?uchacza atakuje strasznie szorstkie brzmienie, jakby rodem z lat 90-tych, a nawet wcze?niejszych. A sama muzyka to cz?sto uprawiany wówczas death/doom w ?rednich i wolnych tempach, z charkocz?cym, przeszywaj?cym growlingiem, ogólnie mówi?c wisielczy i do?uj?cy. Co? niesamowitego dla wspó?czesnego fana metalu! A przecie? „Where Wolwes Once Dwelled Demo 2014” to nie jest ?adna reedycja, nagrania odgrzebane z czwartego dna zakurzonej szuflady, a demówka m?odego zespo?u! Zawiera tylko cztery kompozycje, trwaj?ce niespe?na 20 minut. Pewne wzorce w nich zastosowane s? wiernym odzwierciedleniem starusie?kich kanonów. Maj? niesamowity, grobowy klimat. S? zró?nicowane w tempach i poprzecinane solówkami. A to ?e brzmi? tak surowo, to niepowtarzalna cecha twórczo?ci ATAVISMY. Dzi?kuj? Francuzom za tak autentyczn? muz? w i?cie old schoolowym stylu, z lat mojej m?odo?ci i w dodatku w stylu, na którym si? wychowa?am. Wiem, ?e takiego grania nie brakuje na ca?ym ?wiecie, ale w zalewie wymuskanych produkcji dzisiejszych „gwiazdeczek metalu” trudno do nich dotrze?. A dla osób bez magnetofonów z pomoc? przychodzi ukrai?ska wytwórnia Dead Center Records, która wyda?a „Where Wolves Once Dwelled Demo 2014” na p?ycie CD. [Kasia]

NOCTURNAL BATTLE OF CHARIOTS Webzine (Pol)
Najnowsze kasetowe wydawnictwo Nihilistic Holocaust przede mn?, tym razem jest to Atavisma, debiutuj?ca w?a?nie demosem „Where Wolves Once Dwelled”. Recenzja ta b?dzie w sumie krótka, bo i materia? nie nale?y do najd?u?szych, ale przy tym idealnie sprawuje si? jako klasyczny, kasetowy demos. Cztery numery, 20 minut muzyki… jakiej? Surowego, ponurego, diabli ci??kiego i obskurnego, starego doom / death! Gdybym mia? porówna? do kogo? innego nagrania Atavisma, to wskaza?bym tutaj np. szwedzki Eternal Darkness! Podobne, g?ównie wolne tempa (acz nie tylko!), mroczny, do?uj?cy klimat, cie?kie riffy, maj?ce wyra?ny szwedzki sznyt, czasem nawet wzbogacone fajn? melodi? a’la Swedish death metal. Dodaj jeszcze do tego nieco Autopsy, a z nowszych rzeczy cho?by Disma i jeste?my w domu. „Forsaken” to chyba najlepszy kawa?ek tutaj, ale generalnie uwa?am, ?e ca?y demos jest udany i trafi? mi w bebechy idealnie, nawet pomimo surowej, szorstkiej produkcji. Co wi?cej, dodam, ?e ta surowizna jeszcze dodaje Atavisma uroku i ci??aru. Taaaaa, naprawd? fajne demo. Nic doda?, nic uj??; bra?, je?li lubujecie si? w podobnych demosach! 7/10

DOOMMABBESTIA Blog (Ita)
Pensando alla Francia, le prime cose che ci vengono in mente sono: Parigi, Tour Eiffel, Baguette, Chance Elise, la Bastiglia, Robespierre…ed ora anche gli Atavisma dediti al death doom più marcio che si possa pensare… Gli elementi ci sono tutti: registrazione approssimativa, distribuzione fisica su musicassetta, riffing old school e tematiche oscure.Ma oltre a questo c’è dell’altro? Intendo dire… 'sti giovani riescono a dire qualcosa? No.
Sin dal primo pezzo “The Savage One” fino all’ultimo “Nature’s Welfare” si vive una sensazione di deja vu totale e completa.
Ora, che gli Atavisma abbiano i Morbid Angel di “Altars of Madness” e “Blessed are the sick” come modello di vita è indubbio ma , purtroppo per loro, non hanno la loro genialità, e ciò rende l’intero lavoro, seppur grondante di attitudine, insipido.
Se avete la voglia matta di fare un salto nel tempo negli anni d’oro del death metal di un certo tipo, gli Atavisma fanno sicuramente per voi.

GOURMET ROADKILL Blog (Portugal)
ATAVISMA is a French band, formed in Paris somewhere in 2013, and “Where Wolves Once Dwelled” is their first release! They play death metal with an enormous doom influence (or is it the other way around?), changing tempos from the traditional and old-school run or they will get you, to the slow and miserable I can’t be bothered with anything in my life kind of pace! The overall sound is muddy and you can almost see the fumes coming out of the ground which, combined with the vocal tone, gives you the awkward feeling that something primordial and eerie is bound to happen at any time.
All four tracks share this sinister presence and, when their structure lines up with the grime, the whole demo seems to have been transported from past decades to present time. There’s nothing much here that can be associated with the modern death metal paladins and even the doom sections are closer to the genre’s past than to way it’s getting portrait nowadays. It all feels very traditional with an almost raw simplicity, like an opened window which allows you to have a look at something familiar you haven’t seen in a long time. Whether you’ll be happy to see it or not, that’s a whole different story.

Salut,

Une interview d’ATAVISMA est maintenant disponible à cette adresse:

http://nihilistic.voila.net/Interviews/atavisma.htm